Getting started with test-driven development and PHPUnit 1/3
In this hands-on workshop, you'll learn- why automated tests are a good thing
- what kinds of tests there are
- how to write your first unit tests with PHPUnit
- what "test-driven development"(TDD, "test first") means and how to do it
- some common testing patterns
- how to convince your boss and your customers that they should pay for tests
The workshop requires a working knowledge of object-oriented PHP. Prior testing experience is not required.
You'll need to bring a laptop with a local installation of PHP >= 8.1 and Composer.